One of the most important diagnostic tools we utilize is dental cleanings and exams. Dental cleanings in Fairmont, North Carolina focus on preventing tooth decay, while each routine examination ensures that your teeth and gums are free from disease and any conditions that could negatively affect your smile. We will perform a dental cleaning and exam during your initial visit with Dr. Samuel Evans Jr., our kind dentist, and during subsequent checkup appointments. During this time, we will:
- Clean your smile in order to remove built-up food particles, plaque, and tartar, which can all cause acids that lead to decay if left on your tooth’s surface
- Check your gums for signs of periodontal (gum) disease
- Examine each tooth for decay or damage
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Provide topical fluoride for added protection
- Review your dental history and discuss any of your questions and concerns
We will also take a series of dental X-rays during your first appointment to help us begin planning effective treatments based on your individual needs. More dental X-rays may be suggested at a later time to examine signs of decay or to prepare for specific treatments. We encourage you to schedule a dental cleaning and exam at least once every six months and as symptoms of decay or disease arise. If you have not been to the dentist in some time, we encourage you to call or visit our dental office today. We are always excited to welcome new patients and start them on the road to better oral health.